Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick "Soft Nude"











I had purchased this Revlon Color burst lipstick in Soft Nude a few weeks ago and posted it in a recent haul. The reason I picked this lipstick up was because I had really wanted a new nude lipstick beside my NYX Circe and drugstore was the only way I was going. I came to the conclusion that Revlon was the most high end and best quality drugstore brand there is...okay well except for NYX but they only sell NYX at ULTA which I don’t consider drugstore. But anyway, I knew I wanted a Revlon lipstick but the real question was…which nude lipstick do I want? Well I saw this lipstick in a picture maybe, I’m not exactly sure where I saw it but I know I saw it somewhere and immediately fell in love. So I decided to pick it up.

The color is a peachy nude and has a crème finish. It also comes with a lot of product in the tube. It only takes a few swipes to get an opaque wash of color, no need to blank out your lips before hand. It can appear a bit orange on certain people but not me. I’m pale so that could be why, I have read that on darker people it does look a little orange so beware all you tanned skinned people. It’s nothing a little lip gloss can’t fix though. Personally, I am not a fan of this lipstick alone because I feel like it makes me look washed out but I love it paired with a gloss. My personal favorite nude lip combo is this lipstick with NYX’s lip gloss in Frosted Beige.  Also, if your lips are dry, this lipstick will most definitely point it out. So be sure to exfoliate your lips before wearing this alone (brushing your lips with a tooth brush will do the trick). The lasting power is fairly well according to the lipstick beginner (me); the lipstick alone lasts about an hour and a half. I like this lipstick and would repurchase this, the only downside is that you most likely need to pair it with a gloss but I’d do that whether it looked good alone or not since I like a little glossy lips.

 Btw, did I mention the packaging is GAWGEOUSSSS. It looks super high end with the black packaging, I love the quilted detail, the color on the top is helpful if you have a million lipsticks and are looking for a specific one, and the lipstick has “Revlon” engraved in it. I LOVE IT!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I've been hearing tons of great things about this lipstick. I agree with you about the packaging. I love the quilted design as well. You mentioned that this lipstick makes you feel washed out, but you pair it with a gloss. I'm assuming you're wearing the lipstick alone in that picture of the lip swatch, and I honestly thing it looks gorgeous on you! I mean, you pull it off so well. I wouldn't say it washes you out at all. I'm fair skinned, so I think this lipstick would look decent on me. You've managed to convince me to get this lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a nice nude! thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great shade! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete