Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Graphic Liner and Spiky Lashes

           This was a pretty simple look to do and really didn't take much time at all. I am not really sure what inspired me to do a graphic liner look at the time but I'm sure it had something to do with me seeing a cool look that just consisted of artistic eye liner that made me want to do something like this. Usually that's the case with a lot of the makeup looks I do, I just see a makeup look and it inspires me to try something similar. Is that extremely uncreative of me? Probably, but I like challenging myself by trying out makeup looks I've seen done by professionals! This look really doesn't take much but a small eye liner brush and a half closed eye. You can't have folds on your eye while doing the liner in the crease or else it will come out really messy and that's only fixable if you're blending it out and for this look it was all about precision! All I did was line my eye normally, then I drew the line on my crease following the curve of my eye and slowly started thickening the line, then I just created the thick line on the outer corner connecting the liner in my crease to the liner on my lash line. Now on my bottom lash line I just drew a line starting from the middle of my eye to the outer edge and brought a line down that pretty much looks like a painted on eye lash to the end just so the top and bottom eyeliner was balanced. And I just thought some spiky lashes worked better than the more natural or wispy lashes because the eye liner was so pointed and precise that the lashes should be too. Does that make any sense? I think you guys get what I mean.. hopefully. Others may have paired a bright pink or some sort of bright lipstick with this eye but I chose a nude because I like how almost natural the makeup looks even though it's not natural at all!

Products Used:

Face:
Benefit Porefessional Face Primer
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Foundation in Ivory
Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Fairly Light

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Maybelline Gel Liner in Blackest Black
Over Liner-Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Perversion
Tear Duct-NYX Pearl Mania Eye Shadow in White Pearl
Eye Lahes-Cover Girl Lashblast Volume in Very Black
False Lashes-A Japanese brand sold in a little store in Japan Town in SF(sorry don't know the name!)

Lips:
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude


No comments:

Post a Comment