Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Birchbox: July 2011




In mid June I had signed up for Birchbox and I was a little bummed I couldn't get June's Birchbox but this one made up for it! I'm sure most people know what Birchbox is but just in case you don't, it's basically a monthly payment of $10 dollars to receive 4-5 beauty, hair or even sometimes snack samples each month. Also, the things each person receives depends on how they filled out their beauty quiz so the things someone else receives might be a little different than what I or you receive. I thought it was a neat idea so I signed up because who doesn't love good sized samples? From now on I'm going to post every month on what I get and I'm also going to say a little bit about the products I got the previous month like whether I liked them or not.
So the July 2011 Birchbox items were chosen by fashion designer Cynthia Rowley. I hadn't heard about this designer till I read the little note that comes with every box explaining what you got and the reason behind the products but somehow my mom knew who she was. All the products chosen were supposed to be her favorite items for fashion shows and her own personal faves. I thought this months Birchbox was great, i received 4 samples and one full sized wholesome bar. Also, the samples were a great size!

The products I received in July's Birchbox were:

~Ahava Mineral Hand Cream
The Card describes it by saying "Loaded with Dead Sea minerals, this fast-absorbing cream heals dry hands without a smidge of residue".

~Philosohpy Purify Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser
The card describes it by saying "The perennial award-winner is pH balanced to gently clear away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out skin".

~Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist
The card describes it by saying "A must for all Cynthia's runway shows, this weightless spray gives hair a brilliant finish".

~Zoya Touch Collection Nail Polish in Shay
The card describes it by saying "Neutral gets a sexy makeover in this creamy, slightly metallic nude. The perfect accessory to summer's bright fashions".

~Kind Almond & Apricot Bar
The card describes it by saying "Snack right with this wholesome bar - no preservatives or hard-to pronounce ingredients". "They are my faves! I always have one in my bag just in case." Cynthia Rowley

2 comments:

  1. Check out my blog for a surprise!
    http://thekentuckygirl.blogspot.com/2011/07/awards.html

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Do you mean you signed up in mid may and couldn't get may? I am confused! lol. But I heard May was a bad box anyways! I am really excited because I just signed up last week!! So I should recieve August's box! I can't wait!! :) We will be posting very similar posts, I will watch to see if we agree on the products or not! lol
    Follow me? http://mymaneblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete