Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Birchbox: August 2011

This months Birchbox was okay, it wasn't completely bad but it wasn't amazing. I got six things, one being an anti aging product and two being a hair band. I'm pretty sure I put that I was 18 and younger so I'm not sure why they would send me an anti aging product? Also, a hair band? Not sure why I got a hair band…I was really hoping to get the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer but I didn't get it so I was a little bummed. I am glad I got the face scrub because it seems interesting since it has brown sugar and cocoa in it.

The products I received in July's Birchbox were:

~Befine Night Cream
The card describes it by saying "Upgrade your nighttime routine with this lush cream - cocoa spurs circulation, while rice bran keeps skin supple and healthy."

~Blinc Water-Resistant Mascara in Black
The card describes it by saying "This game-changing mascara encases your lashes in a thin tube of water-resistant formula that won't smudge, smear, or run."

~Kate Spade New York Twirl Perfume
The card describes it by saying "This flirty scent is a fresh update on the classic fruity floral."

~Lift Lab Lift & Fix High Potency Solution
The card describes it by saying "An anti-aging serum with a PhD - LIFTLAB's molecular biologists spent years perfecting a patented natural protein that strengthens and regenerates cells.

~Twistband Hair Tie
The card describes it by saying "This soft elastic gives the hair tie a sophisticated makeover - it looks as good on your wrist as it does in your hair."

Review of July 2011's Birchbox:

~Ahava Mineral Hand Cream
This hand cream was really nice. It had kind of a light moussey texture which I liked, it was also a little greasy when I first put it on but it absorbed in my hands quickly. Overall, I really like this hand cream.

~Philosohpy Purify Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser
This is such a raved about cleanser that I expected it to be amazing but it really wasn't. It was just another cleanser to me, it didn't make any acne or blackheads disappear. My skin stayed the same so I wasn't impressed and I wouldn't pay 30 bucks for a full sized one.

~Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist
 This shine mist does give lots of shine but I am careful when I spray it on my hair because its not hard to put on too much. Sometimes I just apply it to my hands and just apply it on my hair that way. I don't usually use shine spray but I do like using this one.

 ~Zoya Touch Collection Nail Polish in Shay
I love this nail polish! I had never used a Zoya polish so I was excited to try this one out. It is such a gorgeous peachy pink metallic nude polish. It's one of my favorite nudes now.

~Kind Almond & Apricot Bar
 It was kind of interesting getting food in my birchbox since usually it's beauty products being sent out. It's an apricot and nut bar. This bar is for those people who just like to eat healthy things because it really doesn't taste that great.






No comments:

Post a Comment