Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birchbox: January 2012

    Ahh I'm so late on this post but for the record I do recieve my Birchboxes by the end of the month if that makes my belated post on January's Birchbox any better. Well guys, sorry to break it to you but this is my last Birchbox post, I'm not sure if anyone really enjoyed them but I guess it's nice to see what products come with it if any of you were interested in possibly subscribing to Birchbox. I decided to stop because in all honesty, none of the products I received were really that great to me or even worth 10 bucks after thinking about it. I am more into makeup and nail products rather than skin care products because I have my staple skincare products that I use and the ones I receive in my Birchbox are extra randoms that get thrown in my drawer. Don't get me wrong, I do use them but none of them really interested me enough to purchase them. Birchbox does give you makeup products every now and then but not as much as I'd like. I may start up another beauty subscription service and that is My Glam Bag but so far it has been all sold out so up until it's available I am done with sample beauty product subscriptions.
    So as far as January's Birchbox goes, it is okay. I received a body butter, a moisture intensifier, a magnet, a green eye liner, a sample perfume, and a fruit/nut bar. The body butter smells like roses which I'm not too much of a fan of but it seems like it will be nice and moisturizing so I will be giving it a go when I start wearing shorts more (I only use body butters when my legs are showing) because I don't use body butter on a regular basis. The moisture intensifier will be interesting to use on my drier days, the magnet is just well..a magnet and the green Stila liner is nice and creamy and I am not much of a green kind of girl but I will attempt to wear green liner because of this. I also got a Viva La Juicy perfume which I have yet to smell and a fruit/nut bar which tastes good yet weird. Does that make sense?

The products I received in January's Birchbox:

~BORGHESE
CuraForte Moisture Intensifier
The card describes it by saying "This serum proves that sidekicks deserve recognition too. Apply before moisturizing or mix it with your favorite cream to help actives work harder."

~Juicy Couture
Viva La Juicy
The card describes it by saying "This scent will bring out your inner girly girl. Wild berries flirt with mandarin and soft floral notes to create a fragrance that's fun and happy."

~Jouer
Body Butter
The card describes it by saying "Ingredient snobs, take note. This rich formula softens rough patches like elbows, with pure shea butter, plus olive and avocado oils."

~Stila
Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner 
The card describes it by saying "It's time to put down the black liner. This colorful pigment makes eyes stand out and stays put for hours."

~LARABAR
Mini Bar
The card describes it by saying "You won't find artificial fillers in these natural bars: just dried fruits, nuts, and other wholesome ingredients. They're as tasty as they are healthy."


Youtube:

Beautylish:

No comments:

Post a Comment