Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Prom Makeup/Hair/Dress








      So my prom was in late April I believe and I decided to do my own makeup because why waste the money when I really don't have to? I did however have my hair done professionally because hair styling is definitely not my strong suit. As for my dress I'm not really a fan of the whole blinged out or poofy dresses so I was looking for something simple but different. Originally I found a dress by the brand For Love and Lemons that was Ivory and whimsicle looking but then it ran out of my size before I could order it so I had to look for something new. I stuck with the brand just because I loved all of their stuff and how the designs in stitching they create are so beautiful and intricate. I eventually found the dress I wore and I loved it and how unlike everyone else's dresses it would be. I debated for a little while whether I wanted the ivory version or the black one and I decided to go with the black one because I felt the ivory one may not look dressy enough for prom. I have to say I loved this dress and still continue to love it and I don't regret one bit wearing a dress that you wouldn't necessarily think prom when seeing it!
      For my makeup I decided to do a golden eye just because I thought it complimented my dress and I wasn't wanting anything too dramatic. I still wanted to look like myself! The pictures I took of just my eye was actually a practice run for my makeup because I wanted to make sure I actually liked what I planned on doing to myself. The eye makeup is a little different from the other picture of  y full face only because I added a bit more black in my outer corner on the day of Prom because I thought it looked better. One other difference is on the picture of my eye I used House of Lashes falsies in Noir Fairy and on prom I used the Ardell Natural lashes. I just decided I didn't want to heavy of a lash to wear that night because I'd be wearing them for a long period of time. Those were the only two differences in the pictures though!
      For my hair I had found a picture of Nicole Richie from some award show and I really loved how the hair styles gave her a braided headband out of her own hair and created a messy updo. When I went to the salon I showed the girl the picture and it turned out how I expected! I was really happy with how it came out and I think the updo was appropriate for the dress I wore because there was so much detail on the chest area. I wanted to show that off which is why I decided to have my hair up and I think it was the right decision.

Makeup Used:

face
-Benefit Poreless Primer
-Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in Beige
-Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer in Light
-Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette

eyes
-UD Primer Potion in Original
-NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese
-NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean
-Makeup Forever Aqua Cream in Warm Beige
-Makeup Forever Aqua Cream in Taupe
-UD Naked Palette(Naked, Buck, Virgin, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Creep)
-UD Eye Shadow in Perversion
-Maybelline Gel Liner in Blackest Black
-CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume in Very Black
-(Full Face Picture) Ardell Natural False Lashes
-(Eye Pictures) House of Lashes in Noir Fairy

lips
-MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Staunchly Stylish
-MAC Matte Lipstick in Pink Plaid

No comments:

Post a Comment